Saturday, February 13, 2010

A little about me

I was raised as a Jehovah's witness from about the age of ten. My mother was contacted in the door to door work in the late 1960s and studied briefly until my father put a stop to it. Later, in the early 1970s, my mother was again contacted and this time there was no stopping. It did not take long for my parents to break up. At this time i am not really interested in laying blame on either party nor the religion for the divorce of my parents.

Anyway, from age 10 i began my life as a Jehovah's witness. I still remember going door to door, i remember being 'bribed' to do my first magazine presentation. Time marched on, over the next 25 years i married, served as a regular pioneer, served where the need was greater, was accepted to Bethel, had children and was appointed a ministerial servant.

I left the organization in 1998. I did not begin looking into anything remotely negative about the society until very late 2009. In fact, i would readily defend the WBTS if anybody ran them down. I did not want to consider even the possibility that it could be wrong.

As i began to see negative writings, i knew i had to prove them to myself. Do not make the mistake of thinking that i was sucked in by 'apostates'. I had long ago decided to never return to the fold long before this journey began. I just am not the sort of person who can read a few bad things and conclude that the whole religion is wrong. Nor can i simply overlook obvious flaws.

The flaws and errors made me very concerned for my own children being raised as Jehovah's Witnessess. I can see them progressing toward baptism while all the time being ignorant of their own religion. The pitfalls that await them for making decisions that they are too young to make in reality are grave, and i cannot in good conscience do nothing. It is my duty as a father to educated my children to make fully informed decisions. In the process i realized that a good many other youth are in the same situation, and so i make my research and articles available to them also.

Father of JWs

No comments:

Post a Comment